Universal Filter Clean is a single-step liquid cleaner that removes mineral deposits, oils, lotions and grease from pool and spa cartridge, D.E. and sand filters.
- Cleans pool and spa filters
- Dissolves mineral deposits
- Removes calcium scale
- Dissolves oil, grease, grime and suntan lotions
Directions for use with sand or non-removable elements:
1. Backwash filter, leaving handle in backwash position.
2. Turn pump off.
3. Remove hair and lint trap cover and drain filter.
4. Turn pump on.
5. While pump is running, pour Cartridge Clean into hair and lint trap until enough solution has been added to cover the sand or non-removable elements in the filter tank.
6. Turn pump off.
7. Allow Cartridge Clean solution to soak for 12 - 18 hours.
8. With the filter in the backwash position, turn pump on and backwash until water coming from the backwash line is clear.
9. Start normal filter operation. Do not allow the solution to enter the pool.
Directions for use on filters with removable elements:
1. Turn pump off and drain filter tank.
2. Remove filter elements in compliance with the filter manufacturer's directions.
3. Soak filter elements for 12 hours in Cartridge Clean solution.
4. Remove elements from solution, rinse thoroughly and let dry.
5. Replace dry elements into filter and begin normal filter operation.
Chlorine, bromine, salt water, minerals, ozone and biguanide